Sunday, January 13, 2013

My most anticipated movies of 2013

Now let me preface this list with a little note.  I love comic book movies, they are some of my favorites!  So my list is very biast to those types of movies!  With that said here goes my list of my most anticipated movies of 2013.

5: Coming in at number 5 is Star Trek: Into Darkness.  I am really excited not only for this movie but the Star Trek franchise in general.  You see I am not one you would call a "Trekkie" I like the franchise and I enjoy the universe, but I am not a die hard fan.  I only really got into Star Trek watching the older movies, especially Wrath of Khan.  Which if I am not mistaken, Into Darkness will feature "Khanish" themes through out!  I am really pumped for Star Trek: Into Darkness.

4:Thor: A Dark World.   Now Thor is my favorite Avenger.  He is just so awesome. There is not much more to it than that.  I am also excited to see Zachary Levi as Fandral and Alan Taylor(Game of Thrones Director) directing.  I am super pumped to see more of the realms, and the Dark Elves!  Thor: A Dark World is number 4. Thor is four.....I didn't plan that.

3: Ironman 3 at number three, Wow I am on a roll.  Anyway, Ironman was the big kick off for the Avengers project that Marvel had been dreaming up for a while.  In 2012 The Avengers was released and it was great, and judging from the first trailer the movie looks to be dealing with the effects on Ironman after what happened in the Avengers.  I love RDJ as Ironman and Ben Kingsley as Mandarin should be sweet.  IM3 is number 3 on the list.

2: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug  Now from my previous blogs you know I am a huge fan of the Hobbit and LOTR.  So it is a no brainer that The Hobbit: DoS is on my list.  I absolutely loved Martin Freeman as Bilbo and the other dwarves were a hoot!  I can not wait till we can see the Desolation of Smaug.

1: Man of Steel  It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!  That tone is no more being taken with this Superman.  With the imaginative direction of Zach Snyder, and the grounded realism of Christopher Nolan producing, we will no longer be getting a happy "boyscout" approach in the Man of Steel, and I am screaming with happiness!  Now although Snyder has made atrocities such as Sucker Punch, he has also created a bloody masterpiece in 300, and gritty, dark comic book film called Watchmen.  Even with Snyder's directing misstep, I believe Christopher Nolan will point him back in the right direction, and we will finally have a gritty Superman film!

Next weeks blog......Oscar Snubs.


2 comments: